Healy is the leading manufacturer in vapor recovery gasoline dispensing systems. They are the only supplier certified by the California Air Resources Board for Enhanced Vapor Recovery systems (EVR), which are now required on each gas dispenser in the state.
After consulting with six plastic injection molders about a challenging project, Healy selected Mold Threads to produce a highly complex two-piece part for a hose breakaway system. The plastic piece is a major portion of the two valves located in the breakaway.
- Mold Threads made recommendations for re-engineering the part when Healy wanted to switch from machine-finished parts to finished molded parts due to production problems.
- MTI also advised a change in resin material for a more stable process. Mold Threads' team suggested a resin that generally would not lend itself to precision molding, but that Mold Threads had the experience to handle.
- Initial samples off the new mold were dimensionally accurate and produced on schedule. Healy was impressed by MTI's ability to produce parts with imperceptible parting lines - no witness marks or mismatch.
- After hundreds of thousands of shots from the hardened steel mold, MTI's quality control measures assured every part met specifications.
- Mold Threads solved Healy's component part problem, helped get them back on track fulfilling customers' orders, and reduced the part cost by 30%.